Sometimes we know we just need to balance out painful emotions? Or, physically, we feel a tightness in our chest. This week's Dru Tips for life will help you to stretch out the chest, release tension there and help you to release and balance these feelings and sensations.
The Heart expansion breath from the Dru Meditation online course opens your chest, realigns your body, expands your breath, helps to activate lymph drainage, boosts your overall feeling of well-being and brings calm to your mind - all in just a few minutes. So, why not try it today!
- If you have heart problems, don't raise your arms above your head.
- Consult your doctor before doing this movement if you have recently had heart surgery.
Heart expansion breath
Practice the breath slowly and with awareness, and let it stretch and energise your system.
- Stand with your feet apart, knees soft (see Mountain - Dru Tips for life #5).
- Cross the arms with palms facing outwards.
- Breathe in and draw the arms up in front of the body and above the head.
- Hold for a few seconds. Breathe out; bring your arms back down, ready to repeat the movement.
- Repeat two more times.
Each time you breathe out, feel as though you are letting go of any tension or worries. As you breathe in, enjoy the idea that life-giving air is entering your body.
It's as straightforward as that. You can repeat the Heart expansion breath whenever you feel the need to stretch the muscles of your chest or when you need to calm your mind. You may even find that when your breath is expanded and your mind is calm, there will be other areas of your life that will open and become more creative.